This is not a typical wish list. It doesn’t include all the latest gadgets, luxury appliances, clothes/shoes/accessories, jewelry.
I’m not interested in material things. My wish list is very specific and unique to my circumstances. It changes with age and experiences. Compiling such a list forces me to re-evaluate what I consider most important in this world and set goals accordingly. I know that there are items on my wish list that may be unrealistic or unobtainable for whatever reason…but it doesn’t stop me from wishing anyway. I do believe in miracles, after all.
So…what do I wish for?
- Many more years with my mom.
- Great health, abundant happiness and prosperity for everyone I love.
- Cell-phones put away during face-to-face chats.
- A world in which we all have each other’s backs, rather than the uncertainty of who’s trustworthy.
- More appreciation for single parents and the challenges we face.
- Respect for my feelings, beliefs, interests, opinions.
- Acceptance of the fact that I’m an introvert.
- To be taken care of.
- A long over-due vacation.
- More time in every day for the things I enjoy.
- To sleep better.
- The chance to travel and visit my friends.
- The absence of bullying and domestic violence.
- Simpler times, less pressure to achieve material success.
- More wide-spread compassion, understanding, acceptance, kindness.
- Less complaining, gossip, arguing.
- Less abuse of words like “gay”, “slut”, “whore”, “bitch”, “stupid”, “whatever”, etc.
- The absence of “entertainment” which involves pain, humiliation and shock-value.
- Better role-models for our children.
- Promotion of “healthy” over “skinny.
What would be on your wish list?